Exchanges and Returns
It’s important to us that you are completely satisfied with the products you purchase from Scotch and Soda. Please get in touch with us for assistance with returns, exchanges and refunds.
Scotch and Soda operates an exchange policy for our customers in respect of items delivered. The conditions of this exchange policy are set out in the clause below:
Exchanges and returns are subject to Scotch and Soda’s own discretion.
Unwanted products must be in a sellable condition and be returned with:
- The original packaging
- All related accessories, labels, protective covers and boxes
- The original invoice
We will not accept products for exchange or refunds that are returned incomplete, damaged or soiled or without the original packaging, labels, protective covers and boxes. Please ensure you take reasonable care with the products you wish to exchange or return.
Should you wish to make use of our delivery service for the collection of your exchange please note that you must be in contact with our Customer Care team who will assist in the collection at a standard handling fee. If the items you wish to exchange meet all the necessary criteria, you may use our complimentary delivery service to your door for purchases over R3000.
Please note: no new delivery can take place until we have received the returned products from you. Returned products from you will be at your own charge.
All exchanges handled through our customer care service will provide exchanges in the form of an exchange coupon for the value of the purchase less the delivery or handling fee. This exchange coupon will provide the flexibility to select any item available on our online store for an exchange.
- No direct exchanges will be facilitated.
- Exchange coupons will only be provided once the garment has passed our quality control criteria.
You may exchange your non-promotional products within our stores in South Africa. A representative from the Scotch and Soda store team will contact the Scotch and Soda online Customer Care team to verify the exchange upon your arrival in-store.
- A copy and print out of the online sales order invoice must be accompanied with the garment on return to the store.
- The terms of sale criteria for exchanges still apply for store exchanges.
- We will provide in-store credit for the item. If the item is on promotion or sale we DO NOT provide in-store credit notes.
- Only exchanges will be facilitated through the Scotch and Soda store locations – no refunds.
You will be notified prior to your purchase that the item you are purchasing is a promotional item and does not carry the exchange or refund terms.
- We do not provide refunds on previous seasons (less 60%) items.
- We do not provide returns or exchanges on promotional items.
- Previous seasons items purchased on promotion (less 60%) can be exchanged through our Online customer care or our pop-up store in Kramerville, Johannesburg.
You may return or exchange items to our Scotch and Soda warehouse premises through courier at your own expense or have us collect the item at a handling fee (R150). The item will undergo quality control inspection and, once approved, an online exchange coupon will be provided for you to use on our online store.
For hygienic reasons we will not accept any returns on:
Returns and exchanges are available for a 14-day period only after you, the customer, have received the goods.
We will refund you the price you paid for the products on the invoice excluding delivery costs, by the method you used for payment. The item will undergo quality control inspection and once approved, a full refund (excluding delivery) will be provided within 7-14 working days. Please ensure you provide the correct banking details for the refund as we can not be held liable for any incorrect details presented by the customer.
- Please note there are no refunds on promotional/sale items, exchanges only.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible.
- We may make deductions from the price for any handling charges.
Our standard period for refund allocations is within 14 days of receiving the item at our Customer Care centre and confirming the item meets the returns and exchanges criteria.
We may withhold the refund if:
- You did not permit collection of the products as required under these Terms of Sale within the 7-14 day policy.
- The garments do not pass the quality control standard.
A Surplus fee will be charged for the return of 5 items or more due to increased courier costs on parcels and handling fees:
- 5 items – R100
- 8 items- R120
- 10 items – R 150
Please don’t hesitate to let us know which option you would prefer for yourself.
Scotch and Soda South Africa
ATT: Cargo Care
38 Avalon road